In Kentucky, we love our basketball. March Madness is probably the best time of year in the minds of most people. At CenterPointe, though, we rank March Madness behind Easter Weekend -- the BEST weekend of the entire year to celebrate what Jesus has done for US!
We have a weekend full of opportunities to celebrate Easter, and we would love to have you join the fun!
Check out this FAQ to learn more about each opportunity over Easter Weekend.
Frequently Asked Questions about Easter Weekend at CenterPointe
- What is a “Good Friday Service?” This is an opportunity to remember the death of Jesus on the cross. The service involves singing, prayer, Bible reading, remembering, and a brief message by our pastor. The gathering focuses on those 12 and older. We recommend your children participate in opportunities we’ll provide for their age group during this time.
- Will there be child care for the “Good Friday Service?” We have loving adults and teens to care for your children from birth through pre-k. For children kindergarten thru 5th grade, we’re having an age appropriate “Good Friday Service” just for them.
- What is “Drive-thru Prayer?” This event is an opportunity to stop by for a few minutes to allow someone to pray with you. The time of prayer takes place in our parking lot for anybody who wants to stop. Life comes at us in so many ways, and prayer is the answer to the challenges we face. Stop by between 9 a.m. and noon and someone from our prayer team will be ready to pray with you. We promise this will be the healthiest and best drive-thru you go through all year!
- What is an EGGstravaganza and who’s this for? The EGGstravaganza is a party for children and the young-at-heart. The Easter EGGstravaganza includes an inflatable park, food trucks to purchase food, and 10,000 eggs to hunt. We’ll also have a wheelchair-friendly egg hunt. This event is outside; please prepare accordingly.
- Is there a fee for the EGGstravangaza? The egg hunt and inflatable park are completely free. However, if you want to eat, each Food truck will charge for the food they provide. CenterPointe does not make any money from the food trucks; this is just a fun way to party and celebrate Easter Weekend together.
- Pancake breakfast, how will that work? We know Sunday mornings can be a little crazy for people trying to get to church. On Easter morning our “Pancake Room” will be open to everyone. Come early, stay later, stop in and enjoy pancakes, juice, coffee, tea, etc. Take advantage of this great way to feed your family and meet people in our community and church. Also, the Pancake Breakfast is provided totally for FREE!!
- What’s a “Celebration Service?” On Easter Sunday morning Jesus rose from the grave! We believe this gives us a grand reason to CELEBRATE! Our worship gatherings are celebration gatherings with upbeat music, scripture readings, a message from our pastor, and other elements which lead us to celebrate what God did for us in sending Jesus for us!
- Is there childcare for the Sunday “Celebration Services?” We have ministries for all children 5th grade & younger during both services. When you enter the main entrance, turn left, and you will see where to check-in your children. We have people ready to help get your children to their appropriate spaces.
- Is there special dress attire for Easter Sunday morning? You don’t need to “dress to impress.” We do ask you to wear clothing, and modesty is a good rule of thumb. We want you to be comfortable and come ready to celebrate. If it helps, our pastor won’t be in a tie, and he will probably be in a pair of blue jeans. Don’t make a big deal about clothing. We want you to come!
- I have another question, who do I contact? If we haven’t answered your questions, please send an email to email@example.com, and we will get back to you promptly.